- The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams
- Neuromancer by William Gibson
- The Lord of the Rings by JRR Tolkein
- The Shockwave Rider by John Brunner
- Islands in the Net by Bruce Sterling
- Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? by Philip K. Dick
- Snow Crash by Neal Stephenson
- Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card
- Hammered by Elizabeth Bear
- Old Man's War by John Scalzi
I know there are many more great fiction books out there, and these are just some of my favorites. Also, because I went with fiction only, I had to leave out some of my other favorites, such as Wil Wheaton’s Just a Geek.
I also know I’ve done this post before, but it went away when I purged the site of old content. Also, my tastes may have changed slightly since last time, so the list might be slightly different.
Finally, for full disclosure, the links above are affiliate links.