- The Matrix The first one, not the trilogy or the second or third (though, I would argue that the third was better than the second, and could have been better still had the second not happened at all). I haven't watched it in some time, so I don't know how well it held up, but I absolutely loved it when it first came out.
- Sneakers This was highly entertaining and has an excellent cast, definitely worth watching.
- Hackers This movie is so filled with jokes from the computer underground scene of the time, how can you not love it, despite (or, perhaps, because of) the cheesiness? I laugh my way through it every single time I watch.
- Johnny Mnemonic This movie gets a bad rap, but I think it deserves its spot on the top ten. I love me some cyberpunk, and this movie certainly fit the bill. It's an adaptation of William Gibson's short story of the same name, and my only real disappointment was the replacement of Molly Millions, of Neuromancer fame, due to the movie rights of Neuromancer and related characters being owned by someone else, if I recall correctly. That's a movie I'd love to see made!
- WarGames A classic! As dated as it feels watching it now, it's still quite enjoyable.
- Tron The original is a classic. Very cheesy, even back then, but that's part of the charm.
- Monty Python and the Holy Grail What kind of list of top geek movies doesn't include at least one Monty Python movie? And I'd argue that thus is the best one.
- Office Space Yeah. I'm gonna have to ask you to watch this movie if you haven't already. mmmkay? Did you get the memo? This is arguably Mike Judge's best work.
- Blade Runner This first adaptation of a Philip Dick story on the list. The granddaddy of cyberpunk, and definitely a classic.
- Total Recall The original version (the new one didn't totally suck, though), and the second Philip Dick story adaptation to make the cut. Another classic.
The Net gets an honorable mention. It was out at the same time as Hackers, but was, somehow, way more popular and did much better at the box office. I quite enjoyed it back in the day.
So, what's missing, and what needs removed? Let me know in comments!